Low sperm count (Oligozoospermia) is one of the main causes of male infertility. It is considered that a man has low sperm count when he has less than 20 million spermatozoa per one ml of ejaculate.
A great number of medical conditions as well as many biologic and environmental factors can cause low sperm count temporarily or permanently. Unfortunately, the reliable treatments for increasing sperm count are not as many.
Some commonly used medications and supplements for increasing sperm count are testosterone, certain vitamins, high-protein diets, anti-oxidants, and herbal semen enhancement pills. The effectiveness of most of these has not been clinically tested; yet, there are some quality semen enhancement pills that show significant results in improving both sperm count and quality. An example of such a quality semen enhancer is Volume Pills.
Causes of Low Sperm Count
Here are some of the possible causes of low sperm count:
- Problems with sperm production - such problems can be genetic (for example Klinefelter's syndrome) or based on a hormonal disorder
- Testicular injury and disease - injuries that affect the testicles may affect sperm production and cause low sperm count
- Malnutrition and nutrient deficiencies - deficiency of some nutrients (for example Zinc, Selenium, vitamin C, etc.) may also lead to low sperm count
- Overheating - excessive heat from saunas, hot tubs, etc. may decrease sperm production and lower sperm count
- Smoking - smoking cigarettes may impair male fertility since it is known to reduce sperm count and sperm lifespan
- Drugs - the use of cocaine and heavy marijuana is known to reduce sperm count by 50%
- Excessive alcohol consumption - alcohol is toxic to sperm and may reduce sperm count and quality
- Prescribed medications - many prescription medications are known to reduce sperm count and decrease fertility
- Environmental toxins, radiation and heavy metals - a number of environmental factors, such as exposure to toxins or chemicals, can reduce sperm count either by affecting testicular function directly or by affecting the hormone system
- Obesity - many studies find association between low sperm count and obesity in men
- Stress and excessive physical or mental exertion - these can cause some hormonal changes in the body that can affect sperm count and fertility
- Varicocele - it is not clear how exactly this condition causes infertility in men
- Bicycling - blood vessels and nerves may be damaged due to the pressure from the bike seat
Tests and Diagnosis of Low Sperm Count
If you and your partner experience problems getting pregnant you should see a doctor. Sperm production is complex - low sperm count can be caused by many factors and should be treated depending on the exact cause.
Your doctor will test you and carefully examine your reproductive organs in order to find the underlying cause of your fertility problem. You will also have to answer various questions about your medical history as well as different sexual issues.
As part of your examination, you will have to give a semen sample which will be analyzed and the sperm count will be measured. Since sperm count measurements may vary widely from sample to sample you will probably have to give more than one semen sample.
Anything less than 20 million sperm per milliliter is considered low sperm count. If your sperm count is lower than this number, you may want to consider undergoing a proper treatment. One of the solutions is to take pills, designed specifically to enhance sperm (e.g. Volume pills).
Treatment for Low Sperm Count
The treatment for low sperm count that will be assigned to you will depend on its cause.
However, sometimes the real cause of low sperm count is never found. Additionally, many disorders affecting sperm production cannot be cured at all or do not respond well to treatment.
Yet, this does not mean that you should be reconciled to the problem. There are a lot of things you can do to reduce the risk of low sperm count.
- Switch to a healthier, balanced diet, rich in vegetables and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly.
- Try to reduce stress.
- Keep weight off; if you are overweight, lose the excess weight.
- Don't smoke.
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol consumption.
- Don't use recreational drugs.
- Ejaculate less often; maintain a gap of three days between ejaculations.
- Avoid tight underwear, saunas, hot tubs and anything else that may increase the temperature of the testicles.
Maintaining a healthy weight, sticking to a healthy diet, avoiding alcohol, cigarettes, and illegal drugs can all help you get your sperm count back to norm. Add to this healthy lifestyle the proper blend of herbs, vitamins and minerals and you will be able not only to increase your sperm count but also improve sperm quality and motility. Probably the easiest way to do that is to start taking quality semen enhancement tablets that will provide you with the right ingredients to increase your sperm count safely and effectively.
Using Semen Enhancement Pills to Increase Sperm Count
When you choose semen enhancement pills, make sure you choose a reputable provider. It should be a reliable manufacturer with years of experience in male enhancement products in order to make sure that you will get an effective product that represents no risk to your health.
Such a manufacturer is Marabou Ltd. Marabou Ltd is a highly respected company that manufactures their sperm enhancement product Volume Pills only at cGMP-certified facilities. This ensures a strict standard of quality control and a safe product.
Volume Pills address all factors that are essential to sperm health. They contain:
- Zinc (which increases sperm count and is essential for healthy semen),
- natural sources of Vitamin C (which is an antioxidant and known to improve sperm quality and motility; it also keeps the DNA within sperm from damage),
- herbal ingredients like Ku Gua and Dong Chong Xia Cao (which increase testosterone production and hence sperm production too),
- ingredients like Xi lan rou gui and Hong hua fen (which are both vasodilators; many men underestimate the importance of the ability of the cardiovascular system to pump enough blood to the penis),
- 4', 5, 7- Trihydroxyflavone (which in combination with Vitamin C maintain male sexual organ healthy and functioning),
In addition to increasing sperm count, Volume Pills provides the following benefits:
- Improved overall male fertility
- Improved sperm quality and motility
- Increased sexual stamina
- Increased libido and desire for sex
- Bigger, harder and longer-lasting erections